It is the abbreviation of SaudiArabianStandardsOrganization
SASO is responsible for the development of national standards for all daily necessities and products. The standards also cover measurement systems, marking and so on. In fact, many of the SASO standards are based on the safety standards of international organizations such as the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). Like many other countries, Saudi Arabia has added some unique items to its standards based on its own national and industrial voltages, geography and climate, and ethnic and religious practices. In order to protect consumers, the SASO standard is not only for products imported from abroad, but also for products produced in Saudi Arabia.
The Saudi Arabian Ministry of Industry and Commerce and SASO require all SASO certification standards to include SASO certification when entering Saudi Customs. Products without a SASO certificate will be refused entry by Saudi Port Customs.
The ICCP program provides three ways for exporters or manufacturers to obtain CoC certificates. Customers can choose the most appropriate method based on the nature of their products, the degree of compliance with the standards, and the frequency of shipments. CoC certificates are issued by SASO-authorized SASOCountryOffice (SCO) or PAI-authorized PAICountryOffice (PCO)
This method is best for exporters or manufacturers with very few shipments. Before shipment, you need to apply for pre-shipment inspection (PSI) and pre-shipment test (PST). A CoC certificate is available if both are qualified.
This method is suitable for the vast majority of customers. Its advantage is that each shipment inspection (PSI) is necessary, but each shipment does not need to be pre-shipment test (PST). The customer can obtain the registration qualification Statement Statement for Registration (SfR) by submitting the declaration of compliance and providing a test report in accordance with the importing country and relevant international or domestic standards, and stating that the product has met the basic requirements and national differences of the importing country.
This method can save the inspection fee or test fee before each shipment, simplify the repeated application process, and guarantee the delivery time. Therefore, it is a part of the shipment is more frequent or larger, and the quality and reputation are emphasized. The company favors. The exporter or manufacturer's products can only obtain the StatementforLicence (SfL) certificate if they are fully compliant with the import and export country mandatory standards. The certificate is valid for one year. It is required to submit an updated factory inspection report and pay the annual fee before the expiration and can be renewed after RLC review. Products that receive the SfL certificate no longer need to be pre-shipment inspection (PSI) for each shipment, and are reduced to a few few tests per year (typically 2-3 times per year, depending on product status).
1) The origin label "Made in China" must appear on the product, label, inner packaging, outer packaging, outer box, and is indispensable. At the same time, "Made in China" must be engraved or printed (cannot be erased or scraped) and does not accept stickers.
2) Product instructions and warnings must be in Arabic or Arabic and English
3) Product, label (nameplate), internal and external packaging, and outer box require basic product information: product name, model, manufacturer's name (or trademark), Made in China, voltage, frequency, power, etc.
4) Toy products need to display the GCC logo on the product, packaging and outer box, as well as the Arabic warnings "applicable age and adult supervision"
5) Mandatory frequency: 60 HZ, Applicable voltage: 220 V, 380 V
6) Special requirements for plugs and sockets: Must be a British triangular plug socket (BS1363
7) The manufacturer's name and address must be displayed on the certificate (if the manufacturer on the carton is marked, the manufacturer shown on the COC certificate must be consistent with it) - this is a new requirement, please note
To apply for SASO, you need to submit the application materials as early as possible, including product test report, packing list, proforma invoice and SASO application form, so that we can review the documents and inform the corresponding inspection requirements according to the specific conditions of the products, and avoid re-inspection to the limit.